Saturday, September 13, 2014

Bridger's Baptism




Bridger has been waiting to get baptized.  His Grandpa and Grandma R were out of town for the August baptism so he patiently waited until September.  He's been so excited for this day to finally come.  Every morning he would count the days until his baptism.  When I asked Bridger what to write about his baptism in his journal this is what he said:  "I was nervous to be baptized.  I felt sick inside.  But once I got baptized I felt happy.  The water was warm. Shantelle made me a special quilt to remind me of the Holy Ghost.  I love it!  I'm excited to have the Holy Ghost."  
Bridger had to share his special day with another little girl in our ward.  So the primary president said that Bridger could ask one person to give a talk on baptism and one person to say the prayer.  When I asked Bridger who he wanted he immediately responded "Chase!"  Chase at first refused but after a couple of days of Bridger's persistence, he agreed.  Bridger told him "it's just like bearing your testimony."  At first Bridger wanted Marilyn to say the prayer but I explained to him that Marilyn has such a tender heart and probably would be too emotional to say the prayer.  When we told Marilyn this she laughed and said we were right.  So Bridger asked his awesome Uncle M. to say the closing prayer.  Chase did an amazing job on his talk.  Matt printed off an outline that he uses for baptism talks.  He reviewed it with Chase and then Chase practiced the talked several times.  I was so impressed with what a great job he did!!!  It meant a lot to Bridger to have his big brother give the talk.  








In Bridger's special baptism book he wrote this about his family:  "Mom gives me kisses. Dad gives me hugs.  Chase plays with me.  Tanner smiles at me."  How sweet!
We were so lucky to have so many wonderful people come to Bridger's baptism.  He was surrounded by lots of people that love and support him.  His school teach Ms. L even came.  He was SO happy about that!!!  His close friends Brody, Bronco, and Isaac came.  




 Bridger loves his new baptism suit that Grandma and Grandpa R bought for him!!!  He looks so handsome in it!  Bridger has a very kind heart.  He is very loving.  He is a good friend.  He loves his brothers.  He loves his dog Sophie.  He loves school and loves to read.  Sometimes he talks in a silly voice that drives his parents nuts!  Bridger loves to be tickled and have his back scratched.  He is always coming up to me and saying "tickle my pits" or "tickle bickle me."  He's a crazy kid!



Bridger's best buddies came to support him,  Isaac, Brody and Bronco.

My sweet Uncle Nolan and Aunt Barbara came to Bridger's baptism.





















I wanted Bridger to feel really special on his baptism day.  I made a cute banner that had different pictures of Bridger on it.  Then I made these cute baptism treats for the guests to take home.  The little orange bags had taffy in it.  Bridger wanted everything orange.  For the food, he chose ham and turkey sandwiches with salads and fruits.  Mylissa made her yummy peanut butter bars and caramel bars.  Delicious!!!


 Shantelle continued the tradition and made Bridger a special quilt!  She purposely picked out bright colors for him and made the back orange minky.  When he opened the quilt, Julie said "that's creative!"  He LOVES  his blanket.  He slept with it that night and when he woke up he said "I slept so good because I had my new blanket to keep me warm."  What a gift of love!!!  The W's gave Bridger a pocket knife to welcome him into scouting.  It's just like the one they gave Chase at his baptism.  Bridger loves being a scout.  Then mom made a really special baptism book for Bridger to always remember this special day.









No comments:

Post a Comment