Sunday, July 21, 2013

Eli's heading to Oregon!

Kip called me the night of the 17th and invited Matt and I to go to the temple with Eli.  I was so touched that she invited us.  Matt was still up at girls camp so he couldn't come.  He wanted to go to the Draper temple.  It was nice because it was a very small session.  The spirit was so strong.  There was no doubt in my mind that Clay was there with us.  Eli has been called to the Oregon mission.  He leaves in August.  He will be such a great missionary!!!!

Brent, Becky, Eli, Kip and me
Eli joked that we could photo shop Matt into the picture and pretend that he was there. 
 I decided to not go up to the cabin on that Friday with the rest of the Richins family.  It was such a blessing because I was able to go to the temple with Eli and we were there for Eli's farewell.  All of our Minnesota friends came down for the farewell except Wendy.  It brought me to tears as I walked in the church and saw all of our Minnesota family.  It was so great to be together.  What a wonderful support we've been to each other.  They have been such a blessing to our lives.




We left for the cabin right after Eli's farewell lunch.  Matt was going to be able to say goodbye to Eli before he left but I would still be at the cabin.  So I had a tearful goodbye with Eli.  He's such a great kid!  I'm so proud of him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment