Saturday, July 13, 2013

Camping with some Great Friends!


A few of our neighbors organized a little camping trip (Okelberrys, Transtrums, and S. Anderson).  The Okelberrys reserved four campsites.  We were in a secluded area up the canyon.  It was so beautiful!!!  We went up Thursday afternoon.  The first day and a half it poured on us.  We cooked and ate our food in the rain.  By Friday, all of our stuff was soaked and I had run out of warm, dry clothes for the boys.  Plus I was freezing.  So I made a quick drive down the canyon and came back home for a warm shower and to pick up supplies.  The Okelberrys and Transtrums cooked dinner on Thursday night and on Friday night.  I've never had such delicious food camping!!!  The Okelberrys fixed cordon blue in the dutch oven with yummy cheesy potatoes.  Then we had a cobbler for dessert.  Then on Friday night, the Transtrums fixed ribs.  I'm normally not a rib person but they were incredible!!! The meat was so tender that it just fell off the bone.  They had coleslaw to go with it and then strawberry shortcake for dessert.  How awesome is that!!!  I feel like we got off easy because we had to fix breakfast one morning.  We did French toast with bacon and strawberries.  I felt compared to the dinners, my breakfast was inadequate!  It was so fun to spend some time with our friends.  We thoroughly enjoyed their company.  Belina brought up a funny jelly belly came that we played one night.  I laughed so hard my side hurt.  Every night we would sit around the campfire and roast marshmallows.  Belina brought up a sword or some kind of weapon for all the kids. So they created this fun game that kept their attention for three days.  It was so awesome!!!  Bridger loved camping with his best friend Brody.  I love the picture of Matt and Bridger sleeping.  I caught them taking a nap together and couldn't pass up the moment to capture it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment