Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chase's 3rd Grade Field Trip

 For Chase's third grade field trip, they went ice skating.  He was so excited to ride the bus!  I met his class at the ice rink.  Chase's school was the only one on the ice.  There were lots of kids but everyone was having fun.  Chase started out with some ice hockey skates but they were a little difficult because it didn't have the "toe pick" on the end.  He decided to switch to a regular ice skate and it went much better.  He took off!!!!  He had great balance.  He only fell a few times.  Luckily no broken bones! Chase has a really nice friend named Sam.  He sits next to him at school.  Sam has roller blades so he did really great on the ice.  He was so sweet to stay right next to Chase.  The kids were able to skate for almost two hours.  After skating, they went to a park and ate lunch.  The field trip took most of the day so when they got back to school, it was time to go home.  Chase got to be an early bird this morning and start school at 8:00.  But he got to come home at 2:00.  He loves the earlier schedule but I don't.


I was so happy that I could go ice skating with Chase.  It was a fun morning.  I haven't been ice skating since I was a kid.  I told Chase that Grandma R. took lessons when she was a little girl.  She would teach us a few tricks when we would go skating.

No comments:

Post a Comment