Monday, November 20, 2017

Three Times in a Row!




Bridger had a lot of pressure this year with the turkey trot because he’s won it the last two years.  A few kids at school were talking trash so Bridger was getting really anxious about the race.  I told him to just go out there and do his best.  I had to work so Matt and Tanner went to the race.  Bridger was amazing and came in first again!!!!  Three years in a row!  (ever since we've moved to this school). The kid that came in second told Bridger that he was right behind him and almost beat him last year.  He wasn't, he was back a few seconds.  So this year, it was the same kid behind him but Bridger wanted that kid to know there was a big difference so he purposely pushed harder at the very end so there was a bigger gap.  Matt sent me the video at work. It's so sweet to hear Matt and Tanner cheering Bridger on.  I was so proud of Bridger I started to cry.  I knew how bad he wanted it and I knew how disappointed he would be.  I love his big smile!!!


This year, they gave out a gift certificate for an actual turkey (last year he won a 2 L soda).  Bridger was very excited that he won a turkey.  So Matt and Bridger went to the store and applied his gift certificate towards a ginormous turkey.  We used it for our Thanksgiving dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment