Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day


Today was a great Mother's Day!  While I was getting ready for church, Matt and the older boys made me breakfast.  They fixed me some delicious cheesy scrambled eggs and bacon.  Bridger and Matt picked me out some beautiful roses the day before.  At church, the Primary President, Cami, made these darling book marks for the children to give their mothers.  I LOVE my bookmarks!!  I will always cherish them.


When we came home from church, I opened up my presents from the boys.  Bridger made me the card on the left at school and then made me another card in Primary.  He's so sweet to be so appreciative.  In school, he made a beautiful flower arrangement and vase out of blue and orange craft paper.  Then the next day, he gave me this little gift from his baseball team.  (He forgot to give it to me).  I love his baseball picture and the sweet little poem that goes with it.
Matt and the boys picked out some very sweet cards for me.  Matt tried to go shopping but struck out at every store he went to.  He tried so hard but it was no big deal because I had bought me a couple of shirts, skirts and a really nice bag to haul all my stuff in at their games.  Plus, Mother's day isn't about presents.  It's about being a mother my wonderful children.  I'm so thankful that I can be a mother to three amazing children!  They add so much joy and happiness into my life!  
Bridger gave me a card with this "Mom Off Duty" button.  I wore it for the rest of the day and I'm keeping it for all future Mother's days and my birthdays.  

We were able to have nap time after church which was heavenly!  Around 3:00 we headed down to the R's for a wonderful dinner.  Mom fixed Cafe R for dinner.  She always goes above and beyond!  Mares was there and so were the C's.  Bud was with Jill's family and Mylissa's family was traveling back from California.  It actually was really nice to have a quiet dinner.  After dinner, we pulled up a video Dad had sent us of Giraffes jumping into water.  Tanner and Lilly love this video so we watched probably 4 times.  Tanner and Lilly would just giggle and giggle.  I love Tanner's face in this picture.  Shan captured the moment!

For a Mother's Day gift for Mom and Marilyn, I made a scrapbook of our Disneyland trip in January.  I felt like for a couple of weeks I didn't get anything done besides scrapbook but it was all worth it.  They loved the book! (Now our memories are preserved!) I'm so thankful for my sweet mother.  She is so self serving and is always thinking of others.  She's an amazing example to me of true charity.  How lucky and I to have an extra mom because that's what I consider Mares to be.  She's always there for us and supports us in all we do.  I feel so much love from her!  I also have to say how lucky I am to have such a wonderful Mother-in-law.  Charlene is an amazing women who is another example of a loving woman.  She puts the gospel and her family first in all that she does.  



We celebrated Tanner's birthday.  Mom and Dad gave Tanner this little Tikes cozy coupe.  He loves his new car!!!  Bridger loves to push him around in it.  Luckily it has a part that you can place in the bottom that keeps their feet up so they don't get run over.  Bridger pushed Lilly and Tanner down Mom's hill for over a half an hour.  They couldn't get enough of it.  They would scream and giggle like it was the best ride ever!  It cracked us up watching them!




Marilyn gave Tanner a bubble maker lawn mower.  It's been a huge hit!!!  He loves it!  We bring it to Bridger's baseball games to keep Tanner occupied.  It's a little bit harder to push it on the grass so he likes to push it up and down in our driveway.  

At the end of the night, Mom had us go through all of our clogging costumes.  I can't believe that she's kept them all these years.  The boys had fun dressing up in them.  Shan and I made Chase wear the red costume.  He was a good sport and tried it on.  Bridger loved my "pirate" costume.  He wanted to take the blue pants home but I said they needed to stay at Grandmas.  



No comments:

Post a Comment