Saturday, May 14, 2016

Fun Times at the Baseball Tournament


Bridger's baseball team went to a tournament in P.  Matt was first call and Chase had a soccer game on Saturday so they weren't able to come.  We left Friday morning at 8:30 and arrived in P at 10:30.  (Mom was appalled that he missed school for sports!)  He played two games on Friday and then two more on Saturday.

After the first game of lugging all of my stuff to the field, I discovered there was a Costco 5 minutes away so in between games and I ran over to Costco and luckily they had an awesome wagon to put all of my stuff in.  It's been worth every penny!!!! I was worried about how to keep Tanner entertained during all of the games so I brought up the new bubble lawn mower that Mares gave him. He pushed the lawn mover all over the parks.  A few of my friends were so sweet to help me with Tanner.  Jenny Jo's daughters took him over to the park and played with him.  Cami was a life saver too.

A couple of weeks before the tournament, Tiff called me and said that they had an extra room at their hotel so I switched hotels.  Wayland (Jenny Jo) was also staying there.   After their last game on Friday, Wayland, Bridger, Thomas and Bracken went swimming.  They said that they didn't want to go to dinner but just wanted to swim.  Luckily when Thomas showed up, Layne had left over pizza that the boys ate.  I even got in the pool for a little bit so Tanner could go swimming.  I was the only adult in the pool.  The boys were so tired and worn out from a long day of playing.  I love the picture of Tanner and Bridger snuggled together in bed.  Bridger was pretending to be asleep.




We had to be at our game by 8:00 so sweet Cami came over to the hotel and picked up Wayland, Coach Wes (Wayland's dad) and Bridger to give me extra time with Tanner.  Bridger's team didn't win any of their games but they played really well.  The teams we played are really good!!!  It's so fun to see our boys improving.  Bridger and Bracken have been taking private lessons with Coach Josh and we've noticed a huge improvement.  He's making contact with the ball almost every time he's up.  I don't think he struck out all at during the tournament.  Coach played him as pitcher, first baseman, third baseman and then in the outfield.  (I don't know the official names of the positions).  I like that coach rotates them through the different positions.
Tanner loves his new Mickey Mouse camping chair!!  It's the perfect size for him.  I brought my new Tommy Bahama's chair.  I set up our little umbrella and then hid in the shade.  Someone had a puppy up there and Tanner got to hold it.  He was so happy!!! He loved that little puppy.  I love his smile as he's holding the puppy.


Sweet Grandpa and Grandma A came up to P to watch one of Bridger's games.  They wanted to put some flowers on Grandma L's grave so they worked it out to be able to do both.  Tanner wouldn't be in the picture for some reason.  (He was beyond tired!)  So he went over and pouted by the tent.  


No comments:

Post a Comment