Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Skiing with the W's

The W's were out of school on Tuesday also.  They couldn't go yesterday so they wanted to go on Tuesday.  I decided to pull Tanner and Bridger out of school and go skiing with the W's at NV.  I had a really scary experience driving up the Ben Lomond pass.  It was snowing really bad!!!  My van couldn't make it up the hill anymore.  There happened to be a pull out and no cars behind me right as my van gave out and started to slide backwards.  I have never been so scared of driving in my life.  I didn't know how I was going to get us back down the mountain because I was worried I would slide down.  I sat in the car and cried for a little bit.  I called Mylissa and told her to say a prayer for us.  Then we said a prayer.  We waited on the mountain about 45 minutes.  I told Heavenly Father the only way I could get back down was if a snow plow came by and I could follow it.  Within 5 minutes, a snow plow came down and there were no cars behind it or coming up the hill.  I was able to turn around and follow it down.  We were so grateful to be off that mountain pass.  I know that the Lord was watching over us and protected us.  He was definitely in the details of our life during that time!  

We drove up Trapper Mountain instead.  By the time we got there, it was three hours from when we had left our home.  But we finally made it.  We had such a fun time skiing with the W's.  Maddie even came with us!  We went down the bunny hill a couple of times.  Caleb was having a hard time so Mylissa just worked with him.  She was so patient with him!  Julie and Maddie came skiing with me and the boys.  We traded off with each other on the ski lift.  Maddie and Julie did great staying up with us.  We tried one black and it was really hard because there was over a foot of powder.  We stuck with blues and greens.  The kids giggled and joked.  For the last run of the day, we met up with Mylissa and Caleb.  Tanner stayed with Caleb and they talked the whole way down as they skied.  The weather was super cold, snowy and windy which made for a really cold day!!!  But we still had so much fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment