Friday, September 13, 2013

Canning with Marilyn

Marilyn heard that I wanted to do some canning so she said that she would come down and help me.  Mom was on her Mediterranean trip so she missed out.  Marilyn came down around 11:00 and we pounded out the canning. We started with apples first and canned about 24 pints of apples.  While the apples were processing, we started on the salsa.  I doubled my salsa recipe and it was almost overflowing out of our biggest pot. It took us the rest of the day to do the salsa.  Marilyn didn't leave until 8:00 that night and I processed the last jars until 11:00.   But it was all worth it because we ended up with 50 jars of salsa. Marilyn was such a BIG help!!!  I loved having someone to can with me.  

Look at all that salsa!!!!
Just some of our canned apples.




No comments:

Post a Comment