Saturday, December 8, 2012

Remodeling

After being in our house for 10 years, we finally tackled the project of painting and new carpet.  Our back door had rotted out so Matt's brother Mike, helped us replace the back door.  Of course the day they did it, it rained all day.  Our nephew Jake, works for a painting company and they were willing to drive down to our area and paint our house.  We basically painted our whole house except for the three bedrooms upstairs (the two boy's rooms and then the guest room).  It was a big project!!! It was like moving because I had to box up all the closets and pack everything away so they could paint.  We had they start the project while we were in California.  It made it really nice because they painted the main family room, kitchen, entry way, and formal room while we were gone.
Our old paint before......

during.....



After!!!!
You can't really tell in this picture but it's a soft blue, green, grey. When we came home from our trip I walked in and saw this room first and I fell in love with it.  I was so happy with the color!  I changed the color I had chosen for our bedroom and changed it to this color.  We painted the den the same color, just one shade darker.  I was worried that it would be too dark, but I love it.  It only took me over a year to decide on a color.



We painted the rest of the house in Kiliem Beige (SW color).  It's a nice neutral beige that matches our tile.  I wanted to go a warmer color but it was really hard to find a color that matched our grey tones in our tile.  I was very happy with how it turned out!  Our carpet arrived as they were finishing up the painting job.  I didn't know if it was coming because I hadn't heard anything from the carpet guy.  The doorbell rang on December 6th just after the boys had left for school.  I was still in my pajamas.  I opened the door and there was the carpet crew!!!  It was the best St. Nicholas present I could have received.  Our carpet is a nice plush variated brown. I love to walk barefoot on the carpet!  I love it!!!

We painted our bedroom in the same color as the kitchen.  I call it my happy room because I love the color especially when it's nice and sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment